Viagénie: An IPv6 Center of Excellence
Since 1996, Viagénie has been a worldwide leader of IPv6 expertise. It provided professional services to providers, enterprises, vendors and governments on IPv6 deployment and migration, from strategic plans to deployment, software development, training, configuration and implementation.
Customer projects where Viagénie has been providing professional services:
- Tier-1 Provider strategic plan for IPv6 migration
- Cable Provider IPv6 deployment plan and assessment
- Software development of IPv6 migration tools
- Training on IPv6 for providers, enterprises, software developers, security experts.
Evaluations from attendees:
- quote of course evaluations summary: "The response was overwhelmingly positive. All of whom responded to the survey indicated that the training would be or is instrumental in helping them deploy IPv6."
- Enterprise and provider IPv6 readiness assessment
- Software development of porting an application to IPv6
- DNS registry IPv6 migration plan and readiness assessment
- Writing IPv6 specifications for RFP and procurements
- Government IPv6 policies
- Interoperability testing
- Certification testing and assistance
Viagénie has been involved in these public activities:
- Co-Founded IPv6Forum
- Director of North-America IPv6 Task Force
- Vice-Chair of the ISACC IPv6 Task Group
- Vice-Chair of the Canadian IPv6Forum Chapter
Viagénie staff has been authoring various IPv6 specifications and books:
- Book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley
- RFC 3531, A Flexible Method for Managing the Assignment of Bits of an IPv6 Address Block. M. Blanchet. April 2003.
- RFC 4012, Routing Policy Specification Language next generation (RPSLng), L. Blunk, Damas, J., Parent, F., and A. Robachevsky, March 2005.
- RFC 5156, Special-Use IPv6 Addresses. M. Blanchet. April 2008.
- RFC 5572, IPv6 Tunnel Broker with the Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP). M. Blanchet, F. Parent. February 2010.
- RFC 5619, Softwire Security Analysis and Requirements. Yamamoto, S., Williams, C., Yokota, H., and F. Parent, August 2009.
- Cisco IPv6 Courseware
Viagénie has been developing, implementing and deploying various IPv6 software, such as: